[XeTeX] "xelatex" package name

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 01:31:37 CEST 2006

On 08/06/2006, at 8:06 , Mark Moll wrote:

> How about fixxltx?

Good one!
Let's see...

fixxltx
xltxfix
xelatexfix
fixxelatex
fix-xelatex

I probably lean towards one of those last two.

Does anyone else think that "xelatex" is a bit long-winded? Would
something more abbreviated by better? xltex/lxtex/lextex/xeltex/
xlatex...I guess it's too late to change now.

Jon: I'd like to steer away from 'xpackages' type names since that's
*also* the convention of the LaTeX3 project; they've got xor, xbase,
xfrontmatter, ...

Malte: xlt-supp is too ConTeXt :) xinx is pretty good, but also not
very descriptive.
It'd be a great name for a different package!

Anyway, I'll give it more thought and upload a renamed version tonight.
Further comments today would be welcomed.

Will