[XeTeX] XeTeX for Linux and xdvipdfmx

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Mon Jun 5 23:39:04 CEST 2006

Hi there,

I have just discovered that xdvipdfmx gives different output from a
Omega generated file than from a XeTeX generated file. (I don't know
whether this has something to do with the fact that I use OFM files with
 Lambda, but I don't think so.)

PDF documents generated from Lambda embeds each font only once and all
characters can be copied/extracted with pdftotext or Adobe Reader 7.

PDF documents generated from XeLaTeX have fonts embedded many times
(with characters duplicated in subset fonts) and some characters cannot
be copied/extracted with pdftotext or Adobe Reader.

As far as I can know, the original dvipdfmx embeds fonts only once, even
when using TFM files.

Is this something related to XeTeX or to xdvipdfmx support of xdv files?

Thanks,

Pablo