[XeTeX] OT: creating beautiful graphs

Bernhard Barkow bb at creativeeyes.at
Thu Jan 26 23:27:04 CET 2006

On 25.01.2006, at 17:46, Faisal Moledina wrote:

> I have Gnuplot and Aquaterm installed, as an output method for
> Octave.  I've never tried raw Gnuplot, though I've heard that while
> it's very versatile, it's a pain to use.  I'll seriously give it a
> shot.  However, while this may sound childish to a TeX crowd, is
> there anything *like* Excel that has a GUI for manipulating graphs,
> and then exporting them to PDF?

Did you look at Apple's Mac OS X Download site (Math & Science)?
There are a few promising apps, like
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/math_science/plot.html
or
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/math_science/qtiplot.html
(both freeware). I didn't try any of them (I'm happy with
Gnuplot :-), it's just another suggestion...

Bernhard