[XeTeX] missing everything

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Wed Jan 18 23:27:51 CET 2006

On Jan 16, 2006, at 4:12 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 16 Jan 2006, at 12:43 pm, Yves Codet wrote:

>> I recently upgraded to XeTeX 0.99b and in a document which I had
>> started writing before I upgraded italics don't appear anymore (a
>> sample file is attached below). There is a message I don't
>> understand in the .log file:
>> 	LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `U/CharisSIL/m/sl' undefined
>> 	(Font)              using `U/CharisSIL/m/n' instead on input line
>> 27.
>> I didn't ask for slanted letters.

i just upgraded, too, now my document is more or less completely
broken....

i'm using:

\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\setromanfont[%
		Numbers=Lining,%
		ItalicFont={Charis SIL Italic},%
		BoldFont={Charis SIL Bold},
		BoldItalicFont={Charis SIL Bold Italic}%
		]%
		{Charis SIL}
\setsansfont[Scale=1.01]{Lucida Grande}
\setmonofont[Scale=0.90]{Monaco}

and get:

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T2A/CharisSIL+map:tex-text
+lnumit:CharisSILItal
icbf:CharisSILBoldbfit:CharisSILBoldItalic/m/n' undefined
(Font)              using `T2A/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 14.

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T2A/LucidaGrande+map:tex-text+scale:
1.01/m/n' u
ndefined
(Font)              using `T2A/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 22.

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T2A/LucidaGrande+map:tex-text+scale:
1.01/bx/n'
undefined
(Font)              using `T2A/LucidaGrande+map:tex-text+scale:1.01/m/
n' instea
d on input line 22.

and so on...

Is it a bug or is it me? Before upgrade it worked, but i also changed
the languages in my tetex-installation for correct use of babel with
russian, as suggested by bruno in another thread. using a KOMA-class,
yet after selecting russian language, everything appears (for the
first time) correctly in russian. seems to me it is not a bug in
Charis, because i get it for all my fonts...

in console.log i get:

Jan 19 01:21:50 tigabook xdv2pdf: WARNING: Type1 font data returned
by OFAStreamPSDownload isn't in the correct format required by the
Adobe Type 1 Font Format specification.

after each run of xelatex... which, frankly speaking, doesn't tell me
anything :)

maybe one of you knows what this should tell me?

greetings,

martin