[XeTeX] missing italics

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Mon Jan 16 14:44:00 CET 2006

Le 16 janv. 06, à 14:12, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> Ironically, it probably used to work OK because XeTeX was sloppier
> about finding styled fonts -- now that it is more careful, the bug in
> Charis is causing it to fail!
>
> This should be fixed in the next Charis release, coming soon....
>
> (Meanwhile, if you try \setromanfont{Gentium} instead, you should see
> italics where you expect them.)

Many thanks. I hadn't thought it could come from the font since
everything was alright before I upgraded. I'll rather do without
italics until the next release of Charis: it's the only font I know of
which places all the diacritics I use very nicely, for instance a
macron over an "l" (a rare combination and often neglected by font
designers, it seems).

> I've fixed one issue in the code for 0.991, at least; I'm not
> completely sure if this is the only problem, but it seems to be
> working for me. I hope to find time to finish and release 0.991 fairly
> soon, but email me if you'd like to hand-install and try an interim
> version to see if it solves the Greek issue for you.

I'll try with pleasure. Is there a simple way to backup my present
installation of XeTeX (just in case :)?

Best wishes,

Yves