[XeTeX] Re: ABD: EveryShipout initializing macros

Scott Murman smurman at segosha.net
Sat Jan 14 18:10:06 CET 2006

some follow-on information.  this problem seems to be caused by an
interaction with the eso-pic package.  again, there aren't any
noticeable problems for plain latex.  below is an example.  not only
does it slow down processing of the file, i don't actually get the
image included in every page.

\usepackage{eso-pic}
\newcommand\BackgroundPicture{%
     \put(0,0){%
       \parbox[b][\paperheight]{\paperwidth}{%
         \vfill
         \centering
         \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight,%
                          keepaspectratio]{/Users/smurman/Documents/
world_back.pdf}%
         \vfill
       }}}
% The picture is centered on the page background
\AddToShipoutPicture{\BackgroundPicture}