[XeTeX] Version 0.99a released

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jan 6 17:34:39 CET 2006

I have just released an update to XeTeX, now at version 0.99a. As
noted on the Download page, this release should correct a number of
problems:

* fixed crash when trying to change the encoding used to interpret
terminal input

* fixed handling of supplementary-plane Unicode characters in text
from the command line

* fixed bug in bidi processing for OpenType fonts; could cause text
to be omitted from the output in certain cases

* fixed memory allocation bug that caused font data corruption if
over 1000 fonts were loaded during a job

* save resources by avoiding unnecessary duplicate font loading

* make font metrics more reliable, especially when using (pre-
OpenType) PostScript fonts

As always, let me know of any problems that show up. The software is
available via http://scripts.sil.org/xetex or through i-Installer, as
usual.

JK

PS: Why version 0.99a? Well, I have 0.991 well along in development,
but this will include some significant changes that will make it less
compatible with older Mac OS X releases. Therefore, for the time
being, I will keep a release based on 0.99 available. When 0.991 and
subsequent versions appear, they may begin to add new features that
will not be available in 0.99, but if there are minor bug-fixes that
can be added to that release, I'll try to keep it working as well.