[XeTeX] Embarrassing fontspec

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Jan 4 16:30:18 CET 2006

On 4 Jan 2006, at 3:14 pm, Pavel Stranak wrote:

> Hello,
> I believe we have encountered the same limitation of XeTeX due to
> my silly specification of fonts for table collumns.
> Will and Ross helped me back than, Ross pointing out that:
>> Thus the \font command needs to be done again, every time, and you
>> exhaust
>> the available \font registers.
>
> See the thread "Defining fonts for table columns in XeLaTeX".

This is a bit different. It is always possible to run out of space
for new \font definitions, by careless use of \font (directly or
indirectly) causing you to exceed the 2000 allowed font
specifications (see texmf.cnf).

But the bug Will has run into is that even without running out of
space, the font data was getting corrupted.