[XeTeX] Installing XeTeX on Kubuntu Edgy with texlive packages

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Dec 21 17:43:15 CET 2006

Felix Huang <gzfelix at gmail.com> writes:

> And, xdvipdfmx conflicts with dvipdfmx, because they try to install CMap
> files to the same directory. However, both of them are needed and they
> ought to be coexist. dvipdfmx is used for TTF embedded output of dvi,
> and xdvipdfmx is for xdv. Thus this conflict has to be resolved.

I agree that dvipdfmx and xdvipdfmx should coexist, and the official
Debian packages that hopefully will be created after Etch is released
will most likely be like that. However, xdvipdfmx *should* have all the
functionality of dvipdfmx when called on a existing dvi file. I guess
testing this would also be interesting, since in the long run dvipdfmx
and xdvipdfmx should be merged again.

cheerio
ralf