[XeTeX] fontspec package problem

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 23:24:46 CET 2006

On 12/12/2006, at 3:37 , Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

> I am getting the following message:
>
> ! No declaration for shape EU1/(1)/m/it.
> sub at sfcnt ...e forspace shapespace mandatory at arg }

Hi Apostolos,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been on holidays.
This error surprises me a little (I haven't had a chance to track
down exactly what's going wrong), but if you're using fontspec 1.12
(it's in the svn repository, so your recent compilation of XeTeX
should include it) you can use the following syntax: (note
"ExternalLocation")
   \fontspec[
     Script=Greek,
     ExternalLocation,
     ItalicFont=GFSBodoniIt,
     BoldFont=GFSBodoniBold,
     BoldItalicFont=GFSBodoniBoldIt
            ]{GFSBodoni}

If this doesn't work for you, please let me know -- I don't think
many people have used this feature yet, so I don't have much
confirmation (besides my own tests while implementing the feature!)
that it works.

Thanks,
Will