[XeTeX] Getting xelatex to run

Christoph Unger christoph-kuelvi_unger at sil.org
Fri Dec 8 14:40:46 CET 2006

Thanks again, Peter, for sending the script. However, it doesn't work. I
also ran 'fmtutil-sys' manually, same result. The problem is the
Hungarian hyphenation files. On the XeTeX FAQ I found the workaround to
manipulate the file 'language.dat' so that these hyphenation patterns
don't load. Well, I couldn't find a file 'language.dat' (except in
Lambda and Omega directories), but eTeX (and tetex on Ubuntu!?) uses a
'language.def' file. I did find this file, but it doesn't load anything
but English anyway. So I am at a loss how solve this problem. Any
suggestions anyone?

--Christoph

Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Am 08.12.2006 um 12:26 schrieb Christoph Unger:

> I think I can send you the script off-list ...
>
> --

Dr. Christoph Unger
SIL International <www.sil.org>
Alleestr. 7