[XeTeX] Θέμα: Re: OpenType ligatures

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 11:22:49 CET 2006

--- Adam Twardoch <list.adam at twardoch.com> έγραψε:

> feature hist {
>   ignore sub @TEXT g' a' r';
>   ignore sub g' a' r' @TEXT;
>   sub g' a' r' by g_a_r;
> } hist;
>
> (provided that @TEXT is a class that includes all
> textual/printable  glyphs except space).

I contacted George Williams, the creator of FontForge,
and explaoined to me how to implement this feature.
Indeed, it worked well with gedit, but it was a total
failure with XeTeX. This means that XeTeX somehow
cannot handle contextual substitutions.
Apostolos

*Apostolos Syropoulos                                          *
*snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00  Xanthi, HELLAS *
*email     : asyropoulos (at) yahoo (dot) co                   *
*phone num.: +30-2541-028704                                   *
*home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo                *