[XeTeX] XeTeX: ready for full-time math?

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Aug 23 09:44:15 CEST 2006

Hi Yves,

On 23/08/2006, at 5:24 PM, Yves Codet wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Le 22 août 06 à 13:18, Jonathan Kew a écrit :
>
>> see the Fraktur W as I entered it. (There aren't many such fonts
>> around, though! James Kass's "Code2001" is one that's available, if
>> interested.)
>
> About Code2001, when I tried and installed it on Mac OS X 10.4.7 I
> got frightening warnings, saying that if I installed that font the
> system might be unable to run; so I gave up. I suppose it's because
> it includes scripts which haven't been officially approved yet. When
> I installed it on OS X 10.3 I got no such warnings and the system
> survived. Can it be safely installed on 10.4, despite those warnings?

I've had it installed for a couple of years now,
under 10.3 and 10.4

Just 2 days ago, I upgraded to the latest available.
Just sudo-copied it into   /System/Library/Fonts/

The only hassles that I had were wrong characters being shown.
But these went away after a reboot, presumably after font-caches
were rebuilt.

Get the latest  CODE2000  as well.
Many characters that previously were missing are now included.
Yet there are still some unfilled holes.
At least 5 math-characters are missing:

U+0213C  \Bbbpi
U+023E2  \trapezium
U+027C7  \veedot
U+027C8  \bsolhsub
U+027C9  \suphsol

Also, there's a  CODE2002  under development.
I've not tried this yet.

> Best wishes,
>
> Yves

Hope this helps,