[XeTeX] xelatex: eu1enc.def not found

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Aug 23 00:03:54 CEST 2006

On 22 Aug 2006, at 10:26 pm, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 23/08/2006, at 5:04 , Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> On 22 Aug 2006, at 7:49 pm, Alex Lubberts wrote:
>>
>>> I just compiled the ubuntu packages from source on my amd64 and it
>>> compiled fine. After 'solving' the problem of the wrong version of
>>> xkeyval being found xelatex is having trouble finding eu1enc.def:
>>
>> Look in the Subversion repository under TRUNK/texmf/tex/xelatex/
>> euenc.
>>
>> Sorry, I've just realized that the xetex-0.995 tag was inadvertently
>> made while Will was in the process of updating stuff, and it included
>> an updated fontspec.sty but not the (new) euenc files he's just
>> added.
>
> Oh, I'm so sorry about this :(
> I caught your message last night, Jonathan, but hoped nothing like
> this had happened.

It's OK -- not your fault! I've now re-created TAGS/xetex-0.995 so
that it correctly reflects the state of things *before* any of the EU-
encoding stuff was added, as that's what went into the binary packages.

Of course, anyone who chooses to get the latest from TRUNK *will* get
that stuff and can begin testing it. The HEAD revision is *usually*
in working order, and if occasionally there are glitches.... well,
that's life on the bleeding edge! But I should have been more careful
what I tagged as the release.