[XeTeX] Strangeness with Minion Pro Opticals Small Caps

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Aug 21 10:46:36 CEST 2006

On 21 Aug 2006, at 9:11 am, Ralf Stubner wrote:

> I have seen some really odd glyph changing in other application with
> older versions of freetype (currently XeTeX dynammically links against
> the system installed version)

Actually, the current XeTeX source is set up to static-link with its
own included Freetype 2.2.1 sources, if you use the provided script
to run the configure and make process. So it should be independent of
the installed version. This was a fairly recent change (July 14th,
according to the svn log), so if you haven't updated since then, it
may not be true for your copy.

(It may indirectly use the installed version *as well*, because it
links dynamically with the installed Fontconfig, and that in turn
probably links with Freetype. But this should not affect xetex's
rendering.)