[XeTeX] An example of the use of \x="[filename]"

Dalyoung haksan at mac.com
Sun Aug 20 02:18:11 CEST 2006

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for making a new version.

> This is an error message from xdvipdfmx; apparently there is some
> reason why it thinks there is something wrong in the particular
> OpenType font you are using. Is this a freely available font that I
> could download somewhere and try? It may be that there really is
> something wrong in the font; or perhaps xdvipdfmx is not interpreting
> it properly.

The fonts which I used are freely available fonts. You can download
them from here.
http://www.softmagic.com/HomePage/ko/03_down/download.jsp#04
In the middle of that page, you can see "OTF fonts for Mac OS X".

Yesterday, I can get a pdf file using xdv2pdf, but now I got an error,

sh: line 1: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/
xdv2pdf_mergemarks: Permission denied
*** failed to run xdv2pdf_mergemarks: status = 32256

However, for the fonts which are originally installed with OS X, it
worked perfectly.
Only problem is the "#" at the beginning of the font name.
The previous version accepted "\font\A = "#fontname" at 12pt", but
not in the new version.
Was it an accident or my wrong memory?

Anyway, thank you for your effort again.

Best regards,

Dalyoung