[XeTeX] updated fontspec/xltxtra/ifxetex

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Aug 14 13:04:30 CEST 2006

On 14 Aug 2006, at 11:32 am, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Wouldn't it make more sense to use either /AAT and /OT, or /ATSUI
> and /ICU (even if that means losing a bit of symmetry, in that the
> two options wouldn't have the same number of letters any more -- one
> can't take the mathematician out of oneself so easily).

Yes, it would make more sense; the terminology is a bit mixed up.

/ATSUI and /ICU would be the appropriate names, as what you're really
choosing here is a rendering engine, not a font format (and ATSUI
includes some OpenType layout support these days). But I'm reluctant
to change it, as it's been this way for a couple of years already.

Sorry!