[XeTeX] Xdv2pdf: usage of old TFM fonts?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Aug 2 21:23:17 CEST 2006

On 2 Aug 2006, at 2:32 pm, Toralf Senger wrote:

> [...]

Actually, xdvipdfmx builds on OS X *without* libfontconfig or X11; it
uses Mac OS X services instead. Libfontconfig and X11 are only needed
on non-Mac platforms.

It also doesn't require libpaper, though there might be benefits to
including it--I haven't looked into this. I suspect there's little
need in many cases; if you use a LaTeX package such as geometry.sty
to set the paper size, it'll be passed to xdvipdfmx as absolute
dimensions, so the driver doesn't need to know standard sizes/names/etc.