[XeTeX] Blank-page bug in XeTeX 0.96

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Oct 16 00:17:45 CEST 2005

I've had a report of what seems to be a new bug introduced in XeTeX
0.96 -- I need to check further, but it appears that there's a
problem with xdv2pdf such that any *completely* blank pages will be
omitted from the PDF that is generated.

A workaround would be to put some kind of "ink" onto blank pages --
it could be just a rule colored white, for example! -- so that the
driver doesn't skip them. Of course, if they have page numbers or
trim marks or anything, they're not blank and so there's no problem.

If my guess as to what's happening is right, I should be able to fix
it and release 0.97 very shortly, but I thought users should be
warned of this one, as it can give incorrect output after an
apparently-successful run.

Humble apologies to anyone affected!