[XeTeX] Mac OS X Savoye

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Mon Nov 28 03:17:00 CET 2005

On 28/11/2005, at 9am, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Ugh -- I've never seen an actual font name with a colon in it! (Or
> period, I think.) Both of those may present problems.

It seems that a few of these iTunes fonts (where-ever they come from;
I did install them at one stage) have this ugly name.

I thought that fonts could be chosen with their postscript name as
well, but I appear to be mistaken about that. This would have solved
the problem easily, but not necessarily nicely.

> * provide a \XeTeXfont command that splits things up into separate
> arguments with keywords identifying the pieces, e.g,
>     \XeTeXfont\myfontid = "Font name" style "B" features
> "feature=setting;..." at 12pt
>
> Here, the "font name" would be used directly, without any parsing
> for style/feature information.

I like this a lot; it's similar to those weird (LaTeX3 terminology)
TeX commands like \hrule...

Will