[XeTeX] Re: maths delimiter design

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Nov 25 12:27:53 CET 2005

Am 25.11.2005 um 04:16 schrieb Will Robertson:

> "x+y+z" in maths mode?
>
> Are we going to have to make every letter math-active?
> Or, now that I just think of it, will font mappings come to our rescue?

x, y, and z are no math symbols, they are, seldomly, used in a math
context, in which some programmes tend to 'emphasise' them
artificially. + is some US-ASCII character too. (If you want to have
the same emphasised look of your copy you need some extra work to add.)

Ross thought of the Unicode blocks starting at U+2150 or at U+27C0,
i.e. Number Forms, Arrows, Mathematical Operators, Miscellaneous Math
Symbols-A, Supplemental Arrows-A, Supplemental Arrows-B, Miscellaneous
Math Symbols-B, Miscellaneous Math Operators, for example ∅, √, ∫, ≈,
≰, ...

--
Greetings

   Pete