[XeTeX] TEI XML and XeTeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 8 15:33:06 CET 2005

On Nov 8, 2005, at 6:25 AM, Yves Codet wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Some members of this list might want to know (if they don't already
> know) that the latest version (5.2.9) of Sebastian Rahtz'
> stylesheets allows to convert TEI XML into LaTeX without modifying
> the text itself, so that the output can be sent directly to XeTeX.
> It is availbable here:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=106328
>
> (By the way, how do you create an active link in a mail?)

Howdy,

It is active auto-magically.

> There's only one file ("tei-param.xsl") to edit, to set Unicode
> conversion to "false" and to add the necessary commands to the
> preamble (call FontSpec, choose a font...). That feature isn't new,
> though it's recent, but there was a small bug which has been fixed.
> For me at least, version 5.2.9 worked perfectly.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Yves

I can see what to set to false but I'm not sure where you place the
preamble items. I suppose it's between that <xd:detail> and </
xd:detail>.

As you can tell I know virtually nothing about xml no less the
docbook or tei ``dialects'' (isn't that what they really are? ---
well maybe not) but I'd like to learn. For me, seeing something
happen (transform, etc.) would go a long way to getting some grasp of
how things happen.

Ok... suppose I've got a tei document; how do I process it to end up
with a XeLaTeX document?

Can you recommend a good xml editor? I've heard of Oxygen and
XMLEdit.  Can they easily become ``tei aware?'' How do I do that?

So much to learn... so little time.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)