[XeTeX] Images in LTR text

musa furber musaf at runbox.com
Mon Nov 7 16:46:18 CET 2005

On Nov 5, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> [...]
> You should be able to avoid the issue by surrounding the image with
> \beginL...\endL, so that XeTeX knows it is a left-to-right segment.
> [...]

Is there a way that I can check the current text's directionality? If
so, this would save me keeping two sets of macros, one ending with
'e' (English) and the other with 'a' (Arabic).

I looked at the e-TeX short reference manual. Woooosh. Right over my
head.

Mixed direction text is so frustrating this week.

Regards,
Musa