[XeTeX] tipa Text-mode accents

Tim Lighthiser lighthisertim at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 17:38:06 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'd like to use the tipa Text-mode accents with
Gerben's dist., XeLaTeX, and TexShop.  Right now, I am
stuck on
\emph{q$^{\textsubcircum{u}}$\textbrevemacron{e}i}-

Having selected "XeLaTeX" twice in TexShop, with
\usepackage{tipa}
 and \usepackage{xunicode} in the preamble,  the
following occurs in console:

LaTeX Warning: Command \textsubcircum invalid in math
mode on input line 6.

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T3/cmr/m/it' in size
<10.95> not available (Font) Font shape `T3/cmr/m/sl'
tried instead on input line 6.

LaTeX Warning: Command \textsubcircum invalid in math
mode on input line 6. [1] (./tipa.aux) *** font
tipasl10 not found in psfonts.map or host system; will
substitute Helvetica glyphs)

Any tips on how to make such words show up in the PDF
would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Lighthiser