[XeTeX] moving fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Mar 24 11:01:43 CET 2005

Am 23.03.2005 um 19:17 schrieb Scott Murman:

> is it possible to simply copy /System Folder/Fonts to ~/Library/Fonts
> on the new machine and get the OS to recognize them?

It's possible, of course, it only has at least one disadvantage: Mac OS
X won't see them! The correct way is to double-click every font file,
and of course you can mark the whole bunch of Lucida fonts from Java or
all the Classic or MS fonts once and then double-click them.

Sometimes Font Book crashes, thanks to its normal behaviour of *moving*
the font files (you can change that in the Preferences) you don't have
to repeat the whole procedure -- except when the font files are on a
different volume. Then moving can't work. So it's good to have your own
Fonts folder (~/Library/Fonts) open to see any results -- the default
is to install the fonts only for the user! Again you can change this in
the Preferences, ⌘-, everywhere.

--
Greetings

   Pete