[XeTeX] moving fonts

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Mar 23 17:38:11 CET 2005

On 23 Mar 2005, at 4:29 pm, Scott Murman wrote:

> i just hooked up our new mac mini.  the install that came with the box
> is missing many of the interesting fonts.  what's the easiest way to
> move fonts from my PB to the mini?

Use file sharing to mount a drive, and drag and drop the font files
from /Library/Fonts on one machine to the other.

>   i can do a complete re-install of the mini OS, but i'd prefer not to
> at this point.

I'm guessing the installation didn't include the optional "fonts for
asian languages" or whatever the package is called. IIRC, the third
Panther CD has those packages and you can install them onto an existing
system, without need to do a complete reinstall.

HTH,