[XeTeX] "xeuler" package redundant?

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Mon Mar 7 13:43:32 CET 2005

Hi

A few months ago I posted a package called "xeuler" that fixed a
problem XeTeX was having with the Euler Script fonts that resulted in
munged output. With XeTeX 0.91, I believe this problem is fixed, but
I'm not 100% sure since I might have fixed the problem locally
somewhere and forgotten about it.

If anyone who *doesn't* have the package installed (that is, never used
Euler so didn't ever want to fix the problem) could possibly typeset
the appended-at-end example (with XeLaTeX, of course!) and report
whether it looks okay, I'd be most obliged.

Alternatively, JK could reply and say "yes, xeuler is no longer
required" without having to typeset anything :) :)

Many thanks,
Will Robertson

-- euler-test.tex --

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{booktabs,euler}
\setlength\parindent{0pt}
\newcommand\testsymb[1]{%
   \texttt{\char92\relax #1} &
   $\csname#1\endcsname$ &
   $\scriptstyle\csname#1\endcsname$ &
   $\scriptscriptstyle\csname#1\endcsname$\\}
\begin{document}
\section*{Testing the Euler Script font in XeTeX}
\subsection*{Calligraphic uppercase letters}
Normal: (note that the first `Z' is incorrect in my test)
\[
   \mathscr{ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ}
\]
\[\scriptstyle