[XeTeX] combining overline and other unicode features

Bernd mlist at gmx.de
Sat Jun 25 17:21:37 CEST 2005

Hello,
I've been playing around with the transliteration of Arabic using
Unicode Characters. I found out that combining characters for dots and
bars exist but I have no idea how to apply them. They copy fine from
other texts but how do I type these myself? Is there a combination I
have to enter on my keyboard as you do with accents and graves on
vowels? Or do I need to enter the unicode number plus the letter?

Thank you, Bernd.