[XeTeX] RTL Arabic footnotes + line numbers for critical edition

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Wed Jun 22 15:39:25 CEST 2005

On 22 Jun 2005, at 4:25 PM, Bernd Carl wrote:

> In Xetex I couldn't get footnotes working inside Arabic texts
> (using \footnote {xyz}. So right now I'm a bit lost. Maybe someone
> has an idea?
> This is what I tried: ArabTex and lineno and/or ledmac, Xetex.

Don't know about ArabTeX, and I suspect the details to be very
complex, but there's a small chance that the XeTeX option is doable
without toooo much work. (Although I'd probably be surprised.)

Can you post a small example of what you believe *should* work with
XeTeX, and then maybe some progress can be made...

Good luck,
Will