Re: [XeTeX] o/ or O/ goes to ø or Ø (oslash or Oslash)

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Feb 25 15:52:01 CET 2005

On 25 Feb 2005, at 1:26 pm, Stephen Moye wrote:

> On Friday, February 25, 2005, at 08:02AM, Stephen Moye
> <stephenmoye at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Font: Hoefler Text
>> Format: xetex (v. 0.9)
>>
>> If I type a o/ or O/ (or for that matter o / or O / -- with spaces
>> between the characters) I get ø and Ø. Is this something to do with
>> XeTeX or is there yet another AAT feature turned on that I'm unaware
>> of?
>
> I ran Hoefler Text through AAT-info.tex. I notice that "All
> Typographic Features" is turned on. I tried "!All Typographic
> Features" but that did not seem to have any effect -- but then I may
> not be doing that correctly. Suggestions?

Running it through AAT-info.tex, I realized that the commands to get
names of AAT features are broken in 0.9. :-(

Having fixed them, I see that the correct setting would be:

	"Hoefler Text:All Typographic Features=!All Type Features"

which does work to disable this ligature. However, that turns
*everything* off, even standard ligatures like "fi", etc., so it's not
really a great workaround.