[XeTeX] paper available

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sun Apr 17 18:36:17 CEST 2005

On 11 Apr 2005, at 5:57 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> This is a paper about the creation of XeTeX, aimed at a Unicode
> technical audience, rather than a TeX audience, so it's probably of
> limited interest to many users.

Hey Jonathan,

In here you say that if a font supports both OpenType and AAT features,
OpenType is used by default but it is possible to choose. I haven't
seen anywhere how to actually do this, and I believe that the Mac OS
X-bundled Japanese fonts indeed are such fonts (and I'm trying to
investigate them). I can think of three possibilities:
   1.  I am blind;
   2.  you haven't documented it; or
   3.  you haven't implemented it yet
I would guess #1 on a pessimistic day, #2 after a moment or two's
thought :)
Can you enlighten me?

Thanks again,
Will

PS Nice read, by the way! (I know I already said I enjoyed it off-list,
but no harm in repeating myself.)