[XeTeX] Sanskrit hyphenation

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Sun Apr 3 17:53:17 CEST 2005

Le 2 avr. 05, à 21:48, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> Actually, Exercise 14.15 in The TeXbook offers a workaround for this
> situation:
> <quote>
> the remedy is to insert ‘{\parfillskip=0pt\par\parskip=0pt\noindent}’
> in random places, after each 50 lines or so of text. (Every space
> between words is usually a feasible breakpoint, when you get
> sufficiently far from the beginning of a paragraph.)
> </quote>

Thanks for this. Now I only have to discover how to say in XSL: "write
{\parfillskip=0pt\par\parskip=0pt\noindent} in the first blank space
following the 1000th character after a <p> unless there is a </p> in
the chain" :-) I guess it would be easier by hand.

The following question is perhaps not quite off-topic. I'm trying to
check Sanskrit hyphenation in Malayalam script and I have a small
difficulty with two-part vowels (Unicode Standard, ch. 9, p. 239). In
TextEdit (even if I select all ligatures) or TeXShop, MA + OO, for
instance, is displayed like this: