[XeTeX] getting XeTeX going

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Sep 9 20:52:28 CEST 2004

On 9 Sep 2004, at 4:15 pm, Charles Doherty wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have recently installed XeTeX using Gerben's installer. I have a
> MacG4 OSX 1.3.5. I use Gerben's installer to install and update my
> TeX. I normally use ConTeXT.
>
> Apart from the sample files calling Computer Modern I cannot get
> beyond the stage indicated by the Console below in the other sample
> files.

So the CM samples *did* run successfully, I take it (please correct me
if I'm misunderstanding here).

> I suppose I am doing something stupid but would appreciate advice.
>
> This is XeTeXk, Version 3.14159-2.1-0.86 (Web2C 7.5.2)
>  %&-line parsing enabled.
> entering extended mode
> (./story-zapfino.texSegmentation fault
>
> Thanks,
> Charlie Doherty

Yikes, that's nasty. It's more likely that I've done something stupid
than you! Could you look in your Library/Logs/CrashReporter folder, see
if there's a xetex.crash.log, and let me know what that shows. There
may be a number of crash reports there, if you've been trying
repeatedly; just one example report (assuming they're all roughly the
same) would be great.

Thanks,

Jonathan