[XeTeX] CJK and ideographic font names

Paolo Matteucci p.matteucci at soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 9 20:02:03 CEST 2004

Hi,

I had a quick look at the previous postings and at the examples
provided, but was unable to find an answer to my question, so here it
is.

I would like to use the font ‰X¤å·¢Ê^.ttf (STKaiti Regular), but can't get
xelatex to load it.

If you want, you can have a look at my original source file (using
pdflatex, the ucs package and the instructions given at
http://www.ece.uci.edu/~chou/unicode-tex.html) here:
http://www.maths.soton.ac.uk/~pnm/cjk/canton.tex... and its output
here: http://www.maths.soton.ac.uk/~pnm/cjk/canton.pdf.

Now, I know that I can't use XeTeX with the Latin Modern fonts (at
least not with the pfb one), and, probably, for what I need to do, I'd
better stick to pdflatex... Nevertheless, I would have expected that
something like this would work in xelatex:

\DeclareFontFamily{U}{stkaiti}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{stkaiti}{m}{n}%
      {<-> "STKaiti\space Regular"}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{stkaiti}{m}{it}%
      {<-> ssub * stkaiti/m/n}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{stkaiti}{bx}{n}%
      {<-> ssub * stkaiti/m/n}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{stkaiti}{b}{n}%
      {<-> ssub * stkaiti/m/n}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{stkaiti}{bx}{it}%
      {<-> ssub * stkaiti/m/n}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{stkaiti}{b}{it}%
      {<-> ssub * stkaiti/m/n}{}
\DeclareFontShape{U}{stkaiti}{m}{sc}%
      {<-> ssub * stkaiti/m/n}{}
\DeclareTextFontCommand{\cntext}{\fontencoding{U}\fontfamily{stkaiti}\se
lectfont}

...but doesn't. I get the message: "! Font U/stkaiti/m/n/20.74=STKaiti
Regular at 20.74pt not loadable: ATSUI font not found".

Would anyone be so kind to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

	Many thanks,

	Paolo

Dr Paolo N.I.D. Matteucci, MSc, PhD
Faculty of Mathematical Studies