[XeTeX] fontspec, xetex and Adobe Garamond & oddities

Jon Breitenbucher kahless at mac.com
Thu Oct 28 05:59:18 CEST 2004

On Oct 27, 2004, at 8:38 PM, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 27 Oct 2004, at 10:50 PM, William F. Adams wrote:
>>

>> snip
> BTW, Jonathan, is a bug with the OpenType library XeTeX? The
> "ordinals" OpenType feature only raises the very first character after
> a number, which makes it useless:
>    %&program=xetex
>    \font\agp="Adobe Garamond Pro:+ordn" at 20pt\agp
>    1st 2nd 3rd 0th 6abcd
>    \end

This affects things like No, November, etc. as well. One can probably
look at the glyphs and compile a list of letter combinations that will
be effected. I don't have time right now.

> snip
>
> Cheers,
> Other Will

Time travel, it's a cornucopia of disturbing concepts. (Ron Stoppable)

Jon Breitenbucher
The College of Wooster
308 E. University
Wooster, Ohio 44691