[XeTeX] Latest Apple font bug: Didot

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sat Nov 27 15:39:25 CET 2004

On 26 Nov 2004, at 8:49 am, Will Robertson wrote:

> Hi
>
> For what it's worth, I've found another bug in one of Apple's AAT
> fonts, this time in Didot:
>
> %&program=xelatex
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \begin{document}
> \fontspec[Numbers=Lowercase]{Didot} ‘Lowercase’ Didot numbers:
> 0123456789
> \fontspec[Numbers=Uppercase]{Didot} ‘Uppercase’ Didot numbers:
> 0123456789
> \end{document}
>
> When you ask for uppercase numbers you get lowercase ones, and vice
> versa.
> Apple has been informed, so hopefully it'll be fixed eventually.
> It sure does show that not many people use these fancy AAT features.

Sad, isn't it?

I suspect that one reason is that there have been so few applications
that could access them--and when Apple did provide a user interface, in
the form of the Typography palette, they hid it away where very few
users probably ever discover it. (Yes, I've mentioned this concern to
the Text folks there.)