[XeTeX] XeTeX segmentation faults

musaf musaf at runbox.com
Tue Jun 15 02:34:30 CEST 2004

I have had XeTeX installed for a while. Yesterday I used version 0.80
to see how my LaTex file would look in Hoefler. It worked fine. Today
when I tried it again, I suddenly started getting segmentation faults.

I upgraded to 0.82, and still have the same error.

So I thought I would test the sample files:

$ xelatex test.ltx
This is XeTeXk, Version 3.14159-2.1-0.82 (Web2C 7.5.2)
  %&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
(./test.ltx
LaTeX2e <2001/06/01>
Babel <v3.7h> and hyphenation patterns for american, british,
nohyphenation, lo
aded.
(/usr/local/teTex/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2001/04/21 v1.4e Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/local/teTex/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/base/size12.clo))
(./test.aux)Segmentation fault
$

I get similar results for the Arabic, Hindi, and most other examples.

For some reason, transforms.tex and CM-test.tex work just fine.

Any clues on what to do?

Regards,
M. Furber