[XeTeX] Using --, ---, ``, '' and ' with CM

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Wed Jul 21 10:28:47 CEST 2004

On 21 Jul 2004, at 8:07 AM, Atip Asvanund wrote:

> There are times when I would like to use Computer Modern along with OTF
> fonts. Since, the preferred method for entering these punctuations is
> via
> Unicode, they only work with the fonts that XeTeX loads in. However, I
> cannot get those punctuations to show up in Computer Modern at all,
> whether I enter them them using unicode or with the --, ---, ``, ''
> and '.
>
> Is there a work around for this?

It would be good to organise an "approved" Latin Modern install because
I believe this could fix issues like this.

You can download my OpenType Latin Modern fonts from
http://www.mecheng.adelaide.edu.au/~will/tex/lm.zip

Please note that they're still a work in progress. I don't know what
you'd need to get all of the optical sizes working in XeTeX, though...