[XeTeX] fontspec & memoir incompatibility

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Fri Dec 17 06:49:26 CET 2004

Hello

Musa Furber asked me about an error he was receiving when typesetting
some text -- a fontspec command (actually \setromanfont, but it doesn't
matter which of the font choosing commands was being used) was being
run many times with the same arguments and it looked like it ran out of
puff after a while.

Actually, this was not the case (see the post "fontspec limits" posted
circa now). A minimal example demonstrates:

    \documentclass{memoir}
    \usepackage{fontspec}
    \begin{document}
    \section{\fontspec{Hoefler Text} Example two}
    \end{document}

For reasons I haven't looked into yet, this fails (it doesn't when the
documentclass is article). I am using memoir v1.6.1 with the latest
mempatch.sty (released this month).

A small heads up...