[XeTeX] Missing output from xelatex

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Dec 2 16:16:39 CET 2004

On 2 Dec 2004, at 3:08 pm, Jan Eden wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> one more question, just out of curiosity:
>
> xelatex does find the fonts installed in my ~/Fonts even if it is
> executed by the www user. Shouldn't it only find the fonts in
> /Library/Fonts or System/Fonts?

That does seem odd; I'd have expected only the fonts in "global"
locations to be available. But I haven't experimented with this myself.

What happens if you're not logged in to the machine at all when the CGI
script is accessed? Are your fonts found then, or not? I wonder if
"personal" fonts get globally activated when you log in. (What about if
you create a new user, leave your normal user logged in and switch to
the new user with Fast User Switching? Does the new user see your
fonts?)

Slightly puzzled,