[XeTeX] XeTeX error message

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Mon Apr 26 12:38:12 CEST 2004

My apologies for not getting back to you on this sooner, but it just
occurred to me what might have been happening -- the details are hazy.

I am inclined to agree that it is some sort of encoding issue. I am moving
from Textures. I was in the process of testing some of my old Textures files
by opening them directly in TeXShop -- the quotes didn't work, I believe.
Eventually I got myself into a real mess by switching back and forth between
encodings (using Save As...) to get things to work out. Finally, I adopted
the policy of copying the Textures document and pasting it into a new, blank
TeXShop document, whereupon the error messages went away.