[XeTeX] XeTeX error message

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Wed Apr 21 11:43:32 CEST 2004

Since installing v0.4, I am getting these error messages, seemingly somewhat
randomly:

This is XeTeXk, Version 3.14159-2.1-0.4 (Web2C 7.5.2)
 %&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
(./iffy.tex! Unable to read an entire line---bufsize=200000.
Please increase buf_size in texmf.cnf.

Should I simply do as the message suggests, though the texmf.cnf suggests
otherwise? I'm using OSX 10.3.3 on a TI PowerBook at present.

And a question about fonts: Will OTF fonts become useable in XeTeX -- I'm
thinking about gems like Adobe Jenson and Slimbach's Brioso.

Thanks.

Stephen Moye