[UK-TUG] Brent Longborough

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 12:39:11 CET 2021

Hello

I was of course saddened that Brent Longborough has died. Brent contributed
four packages to CTAN, three providing typesetting of git output by LaTeX,
and one for tagging a LaTeX document to control inclusion. You'll find
these and other contributions at
https://ctan.org/author/longborough
https://github.com/Hightor

Brent was a member of the 2013 Committee. He also attended the 2015 Speaker
Meeting and AGM and our website contains a nice photo of Brent and other
people at that meeting.
http://uk.tug.org/2013/11/10/committee-for-2013/
http://uk.tug.org/2015/11/01/speaker-meeting-2015-2/

In 2019 Brent accepted my request that he stand for the committee. He and I
had discussed the situation and he rejoined the committee, to support my
efforts to renew and revive UK-TUG. Sadly circumstances did not allow this
to happen. His friends and family have our best wishes.

I hope that you all have a safe and happy Christmas, and that things get
better in the New Year.

Happy TeXing

Jonathan