[UK-TUG] Successor organisations for the UK TeX Users Group

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 15:12:20 CET 2021

Hi

So, we have decided to dissolve UK-TUG. This for me is a cause of much
sadness, although it does open new possibilities. Therefore I bid you
farewell, as dear members of the UK TeX Users Group. And I hope we will
meet again in happier and more friendly circumstances, as TeX users in the
UK.

Please remember me as the Chair of UK-TUG from 2006 to 2010. This was I
think by some measure the most successful period for UK-TUG this century.
And some might recall the 1995 Bridewell meeting on "Portable Documents:
Acrobat, SGML & TeX". This was by far the most successful UK-TUG meeting,
with about 140 delegates.

Facebook, Google and Microsoft are tech giants of our age. I wish the
success of the UK TeX User forum hosted on Facebook. I'm working with
others to use Microsoft Github and Google Groups as a platform for our
continuation and revival. You'll find us at https://uk-tex-users.github.io/.
We have a special interest in accessibility.

Wishing you Happy TeXing

Jonathan Fine

APPENDIX: Two meetings I organised (with help from others)

Portable Documents: Acrobat, SGML & TeX, January 1995, London
https://groups.google.com/g/comp.text.tex/c/06HzBxu2LbQ/m/Ng93wSfQBccJ

Living and Working with LaTeX, October 2006, London
https://groups.google.com/g/comp.text.tex/c/XG91s9do-2c/m/Z71UGABb3DQJ