[UK-TUG] Discussion of motion DS1

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 16:30:23 CEST 2021

Hi

I thank Simon for his response. Factually I agree with his response,
although I was hoping proposer David would apply his experience and insight
to this question.

The problem arises because the deal (negotiated by Simon's committee
colleague Arthur) with TUG results in 8.5p in the pound being applied to
TeX projects.

We are in a dilemma. Distribute now and take that known loss, or distribute
later to get a better deal and risk being in limbo. This is the dilemma,
with good arguments on both sides.

My conclusion is the same as Simon's: We pick the least bad.

kind regards

Jonathan