[UK-TUG] An idea for UK TUG in the future

Jay Hammond jay at jjnr.uk
Fri Oct 29 01:13:03 CEST 2021

That was then.

Read the current views of the members mentioned below please. All but
Jon have recently posted on UK-TUG announce. David Saunders, Joseph
Wright, Nicola Talbot, Jonathan Webley

On 28/10/2021 20:56, Jonathan Fine wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm a member of the London Mathematical Society (LMS), the leading UK
> learned society for pure mathematics. In 2015 to 2010 I was Chair of
> UK TUG and Charles Goldie (who was as I recall an office holder for
> the LMS) was also on the UK-TUG Committee.
Well, we're back to dissolution again. I'm glad that the efforts of
David Saunders, Joseph Wright, Nicola Talbot, Jonathan Webley and others
gave the close-to-dissolved UK-TUG sufficient vigor to live on for
another 10 years, and to defeat the 2019 dissolution motion by 2-to-1.

Email use jay at jjnr.uk