[UK-TUG] Deep breath: Be kind, courteous and respectful. No hate speech. No bullying.

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 09:11:23 CEST 2021

Hi

I'm going to be perfectly straight with you. Last night I slept badly due
to stress arising from my participation in the discussion yesterday. This
has happened often in the past month.

I'll start with something from the Facebook group started by Simon Dales,
and supported by Jay. It's part of the rules of that group. Here goes. Deep
breath.

The rules of Simon and Jay's group include: BE KIND AND COURTEOUS. We're
all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let's treat
everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is
required.

Another rule is: NO HATE SPEECH OR BULLYING. Make sure that everyone feels
safe. Bullying of any kind isn't allowed [...]

A few more deep breaths. I have a responsibility, as I think we all do, to
be kind and courteous and refrain from hate speech and bullying.

Even more deep breaths and a long pause. I don't feel safe here. I feel
bullied.

There. I've said it. Now press SEND while you still have the courage.

with best wishes

Jonathan