[UK-TUG] Draft motions for dissolution special general meeting (SGM)

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 18:02:32 CEST 2021

On Sun, 3 Oct 2021 at 10:33, Jonathan Fine <jfine2358 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all

> Below are three draft motions for the SGM at the end of the month. Motions must be submitted by noon on Tuesday 12 October. I hope that by then we have the essentials of an agenda for the SGM, that all interested parties find it satisfactory. Here are the draft motions.
>
> 1. That UK-TUG's surplus assets be distributed in proportion to the individually expressed wishes of members (subject to these wishes promoting the objects of UK-TUG).
>
> 2. That there be an SGM to decide dissolution in the first quarter of 2022.

I would urge everyone to vote against these motions if they are
submitted. These are just blocking motions to add further delay and
inaction. Dissolution was the only subject of the motions _last year_
and as expected no coherent plan  to maintain the group has emerged.
There is absolutely no reason to have another meeting following the
meeting just announced.

David