[UK-TUG] AGM and Speaker Meeting information

Joseph Wright (CHE) Joseph.Wright at uea.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 08:11:37 CET 2014

Dear Member,

Final arrangements are now in place for the AGM and Speaker Meeting on
the 29th of November. As previously notified, this will take place at
Trinity College, Oxford. This e-mail contains details of motions to be
considered, reports to members, voting (including proxy voting) and an
outline for the day itself.

Reports
-------

Attached are:
 - Summary accounts
 - Secretary's report

Minutes of the last meeting
---------------------------

The draft minutes for the 2013 AGM are attached. Members who were
present last year but will not be present at the upcoming AGM may vote
electronically to on the minutes (see the section on proxy voting).

Motions
-------

There are two motions to be considered by the AGM

1) That this meeting approves the accounts for 2013–14.

2) That the membership fee for 2015 be £10 for all individual members
   (apart from life members), and that there be no additional entrance
   fee.

Proxy voting/Quorum
-------------------

Achieving a quorum at the AGM is very important: the quorum is 10% of
the membership on the day of the meeting. At the time of writing, the
quorum is therefore 11 people.

To help achieve this, members may vote by proxy for one or more of the
motions to the AGM. To do so, please reply to this e-mail (to the
Secretary, Joseph Wright), using the following text to indicate your
choice of proxy, and if appropriate voting intention (you may leave
voting to the discretion of the proxy).

  I appoint the Chair / ... [named person] as my proxy for the UK-TUG
  2014 AGM. [Please delete as appropriate.]

  I direct the Chair to vote in the following manner:
   - MOTION 1 FOR/AGAINST/ABSTAIN
   - MOTION 2 FOR/AGAINST/ABSTAIN

You may still vote in person if you have indicated a proxy vote, which
will then be disregarded.

The same mechanism may be used to vote on the minutes of the last AGM:
this does not require a proxy, simply an indication either that the
minutes are correct or an amendment, as appropriate.

AGM Agenda
----------

 1. Apologies for absence
 2. Minutes of the last meeting
 3. Secretary's report
 4. Accounts report
 5. Motions
 6. Election of committee for 2014-15
 7. Any other business

Members not present
-------------------

In addition to the above, if you will not be present at the AGM but wish
for a particular issue to be raised, please reply to this message with
the detail. The Secretary will then raise the matter at the AGM on your
behalf.

Meeting Programme
-----------------

An outline timetable for the day as a whole is

  10:30 Arrival/coffee
  11:00 Talk session 1
  13:00 Lunch and informal discussion
  14:00 UK-TUG AGM
  15:00 Talk session 2
  16:30 Close

A light lunch will be provided as part of the day. Attendance at the
meeting, including the lunch, is free.

I will be at the venue from approximately 10 am: should anyone need to
contact me for directions my number is 0797 4148180, but note that
mobile reception in the room we have hired is poor.

Regards,

Joseph Wright
Secretary