[UK TUG] Results of Special Electronic General Meeting

Jonathan Fine jfine at pytex.org
Mon Dec 21 18:46:30 CET 2009

Dear UK TUG Member

Here are the results of the voting got the Special Electronic General
Meeting.

Motion 1:  For 38, Against 0, Abstain 0.
Motion 2:  For 37, Against 0, Abstain 1.
Motion 3:  For 38, Against 0, Abstain 0.
Motion 4:  For 38, Against 0, Abstain 0.

Therefore, all motions are passed.

I'd like to thank all who participate in the vote.  For your
convenience, I've appended the motions below.

with seasons greetings and best wishes for the New Year

Jonathan Fine (Chair, UK TeX Users Group)

=================
Appendix:  Text of motions

Motion 1:
That this meeting approves the accounts for 2008-9.

Motion 2:
That this meeting appoints Paul Chu of 73 Zetland Street, London, E14
6PR to inspect the 2009–10 accounts.

Motion 3:
That the entrance fee for new members in 2010 be £10, and that free
2010 membership be provided to 2009 members.

Motion 4:
That section 10(5) be amended to read:

"Notice of any motions to be considered at a general meeting must be
given in accordance with Section 25 of this constitution, must be
received by the Secretary at least fourteen days before the date of
the meeting, and shall be circulated to members at least seven days
before the date of the meeting. If the meeting is called at short notice
under sub-clause 2 of this clause then the motions to be considered must
be agreed at the time the meeting is called."